Submitted by Teresa G.
When we were little we would always visit my God father’s farm. They would hive us ‘porridge in the morning, with cream from the cows they milked. I still remember how delicious it was. I find as I am aging I am realizing how simple things we paid no attention to were some of the best experiences we had.
Anyway porridge is good and filling in the morning. Great way to start the day….and especially easy in the Instant Pot.
Quaker Quick Oats or Steel Cut Oats
- 1 cup Oats (serves about 3-4 people)
- 1 2/3 cups water if Quaker quick oats or
- 2 cups water if Steel Cut Oats
- Pinch of salt
- Milk and or cream
- Sugar if so desired…..I desire a little bit !
- Put one cup water into InstantPot inner pot Place trivet in pot
- Put oats with water and salt in a heat proof bowl that fits into inner pot on trivet. No need to cover.
- Lock in lid
- Manual cook 6-7 minutes (experiment) depending how you like them done. Quick release steam.
- While oats are cooking heat the milk you will use.
- When oats are ready, remove bowl of oats from inner pot and serve in individual bowls. Pour milk on top, then a little cream and sugar if you like,
Quick, delicious and no mess in the pot.