Instant Brands (formerly Double Insight) is a fast-growing designer and manufacturer of small smart kitchen appliances at the global level. Instant Pot® has become a recognized brand already in the rapidly expanding smart and connected kitchen appliances markets and is currently the number one selling electrical pressure cooker brand on Amazon.com with one of the highest overall customer ratings. We operate within a fast paced, team-oriented, rewarding work environment that allows our employees to develop and thrive. We appreciate and recognize good work. Our commitment to work-life balance is unwavering as we realize your work is only one part of your life experience. We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefits within a flexible, creative and progressive work setting. Instant Brands has an immediate opening for a Mobile app and IoT Product Manager
Reporting to the VP Product Management, the Mobile App and IoT Product Manager is responsible for the Instant Brands’ portfolio of products, which spans across multiple product categories. The successful candidate will own the market analysis, product definition, scheduling and roadmap, as well as, collaborate with business partners and suppliers to manage all aspects of the product life cycle. The product manager is also expected to drive the App UX design of the Instant Pot products and accessories. As the product owner, the role is expected to collaborate with all other stakeholders including sales, development, suppliers, as well as customers, to ensure the smooth execution from product and accessories initiation, development, NPI to maintenance support cycle.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive UX analysis and definition
- Manage the release cycle of mobile apps, including requirements, operations and roll out
- Drive the product marketing plans for product launches and ongoing support
- Define, monitor and measure the KPIs of the app’s performance.
- Collaborate with all internal/external stakeholders to meet product management goals and product life cycle milestones
- Work with other product managers to ensure seamless SW and HW integration and production
- Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of product management experience in the high-tech and/or consumer products industry
- Familiarity with design of consumer apps, and experience in cooking space an advantage
- Experience in IoT or cloud-based application product management
- Consumer mobile app (iOS/Android) product management and product life cycle experience
- Experience in driving the product marketing plans for product launches and ongoing support
- Fluency in mandarin Chinese to be able to work with various suppliers in China is an asset
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of user experience and usability
- Good analytical skills to define and measure the KPIs of the app’s performance.
- Experience in documenting SoW with business partners, in collaboration with the technical, legal and marketing teams
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with all stakeholders
- Strong leadership to drive initiatives and results. Program/Project management experience would be a plus.
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision, and quick learner of new technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Creative in finding solutions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and ability to interact with customers with accuracy and professionalism.
- Able to influence/drive the technology development with clear business and market objectives
- Ability to document the market requirements, and to understand the technology implications from the complexity of work, cost and schedule perspectives.
To apply, please submit a resume and covering letter to (email@example.com) quoting MAPM-2018 by July 31, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Instant Brands is an equal opportunity employer. If requested, accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process. We ask applicants requiring accommodation to make their needs known in their email to us.