Submitted by Laura.
- 3 pounds chicken parts (backs, necks wings, etc.)
- 1-1 quart zip bag full of vegetable trimmings.
- As I chop veges, I keep the trimmings in a zip bag in the freezer until I’m ready to make broth. I use things like:
- Onion skins
- Shallot skins
- Garlic skins
- Celery trimmings
- Carrot trimmings and peels
- Herb scraps like parsley stems
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
Fill pot with chicken, vegetables, salt and pepper, and bay leaf. Add water to cover plus 2 inches. Do not overfill pot!
Place lid on pot and set pressure cooker for 30 minutes on high pressure. Let steam release naturally when time is up. After lid is unlocked, take out contents of pot and stain in colander.