Double Insight is a fast-growing designer and manufacturer of small smart kitchen appliances at the global level. Instant Pot® has become a recognized brand already in the rapidly expanding smart and connected kitchen appliances markets and is currently the number one selling electrical pressure cooker brand on Amazon.com with one of the highest overall customer ratings. We operate within a fast paced, team-oriented, rewarding work environment that allows our employees to develop and thrive. We appreciate and recognize good work. Our commitment to work-life balance is unwavering as we realize your work is only one part of your life experience. We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefits within a flexible, creative and progressive work setting.
Double Insight has an immediate opening for a Director, Product Quality Assurance and Compliance
The Director, Product Quality Assurance and Compliance is responsible for ensuring that Double Insight products meet consumer quality and performance expectations, as well as industry and regulatory standards. This involves standardizing, developing, managing, and executing Double Insight’s Product Quality Assurance and Compliance strategy and processes globally. Responsibilities will include creating standardized reporting for the organization and addressing Product Quality Assurance and Compliance issues. Ensures that internal customer and regulatory Product Quality Assurance and Compliance requirements are supported through Double Insight’s advanced planning and product quality control systems throughout the product life cycle. Serves as the technical Product Quality Assurance and Compliance lead for the Executive leadership team.
- Develop and lead the Product Quality Assurance and Compliance group with required expertise and knowledge in relevant quality, safety and compliance requirements for the manufacturing, sales and distribution of kitchenware appliances
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of product quality, safety and compliance strategy
- Key champion within the product design team with prime responsibility for product quality, safety and compliance for all of the company’s products
- Lead the design and implementation of quality, safety and compliance testing protocols and procedures for all of the company’s products
- Key participant and contributor to product design reviews to assure compliance with applicable quality, safety and regulatory standards
- Review and report product test results to Senior and Departmental leadership as appropriate
- Engage with contract manufacturers, as appropriate, in product design reviews with a focus on product quality, safety and compliance issues
- Collaborate closely with key internal and external stakeholders including Product Management, Manufacturing, Operations and Sales to educate and drive compliance
- Drive the Quality Assurance strategy and infrastructure to identify and make recommendations to address any product quality, safety or compliance issues
- Provide leadership to ensure compliance with U. S. and international product quality, safety and related regulations, including the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Act, and additional regulations, including contracts and agreements
- Serve as prime technical contact to product development teams for product quality, safety and regulatory issues and questions on most complex products/projects
- Develop, direct, lead and implement product quality and safety compliance programs and ensure they are monitored
- Review and monitor applicable proposed regulatory legislation; advise on potential impact
- Foster a creative team work environment within a global and fast paced development and sales environment with the ability to build and maintain productive and constructive relationships with all stake holders.
- Proactively anticipate challenges related to product quality and safety regulation in the countries in which we operate, now and in the future
- Bachelor of Engineering in a relevant discipline or equivalent
- 15+ years’ experience in appliances, with particular focus on design of electronic circuits and hardware
- Extensive knowledge of FDA CGMPs compliance pertaining to Appliances
- Thorough understanding of US consumer product safety regulations
- Must be willing to take and defend positions while also functioning well in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders within with a global organization
- Experience with conducting reviews of product design to assure compliance with applicable safety standards
- Experience leading reviews of components, plastic materials, product operation and quality, electrical and electronic materials, product markings, literature and countermeasures to design problems that affect product listing, compliance and company safety standards
- Experience dealing with product safety regulators such as Health Canada, and the U.S. CPSC
- Strong computer skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. are essential.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work in fast paced results oriented environment
- Strong strategic thinker
- 25% domestic and international travel required
To apply, please submit a resume and covering letter to (firstname.lastname@example.org) quoting DPSC-17. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Double Insight respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities, and is committed to providing accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.