Prior to Cleaning
Unplug your Instant Pot® and let it cool to room temperature before cleaning.
- Your inner pot, lid and steam rack are dishwasher safe. Or, you may wash them by hand as per the below steps.
- Remove the inner pot and lid and wash with detergent. Rinse with clear water and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
- Wipe the inner cooker base rim and slot dry with cloth to prevent rusting of the exterior cooker rim.
- Remove the sealing ring and anti-block shield from the underside of the lid. Wash with warm, soapy water, rinse with clear water and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
- The sealing ring must always be properly positioned on the underside of the lid.
- Clean the outer body with a damp soft cloth or sponge.
- Never use harsh chemical detergents, scouring pads or powders on any of the parts or components.
- Periodically verify that the steam release valve and float valve are in good working order and free of debris.