Editor’s note: For pasta, it’s important to add just the right amount of liquid. Otherwise, the pasta could become too so soggy.
- 2 lbs of ground meat
- 1 large sweet onion (chopped fine)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cans of canned sliced mushrooms (small cans)
- 1 jar 45 oz. spaghetti sause (I used chunky style)
- 1 box (1 pound) Penne pasta, uncooked (I used Barilla)
- 3 cups of chicken broth (more or less)
- 1 cup red wine
- Sauté the onion with the garlic in the olive oil (pressure cooker on the browning setting)
- Add the ground meat, and brown.
- Add both cans of mushrooms (with liquid)
- Add the box of pasta
- Add enough chicken broth to cover the dry noodles
- Add wine (drink a large glass during this step)
- Add all seasoning (Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes)
- Add the jar of Ragu sauces and stir.
- Seal pressure cooker and cook for 20 minutes ( I set it to “meat” and lowered the time.
- Release pressure manually
- Stir and add 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Let sit for 10 minutes and enjoy!