Eddoe is a small tropical root vegetable, a variety of Taro family originated from China and Japan. They offer an intensely flavorful alternative to potatoes and yams. It’s commonly known that eddoes contain carbohydrate and fiber which are excellent for people with digestive problems. Eddoe flour is used in infant formula and canned baby foods. Other benefits of eddoes may include lowering cholesterol levels, slowing absorption of glucose, reducing insulin requirements and reducing the likelihood of colorectal cancer.
To add eddoes to your daily diet, the following is probably the simplest desert recipe. Cooking eddoes with Instant Pot is easy and fast.
Prepare Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: Around 8 minutes with Instant Pot Programmable Pressure cooker
Ingredients: 6 servings
- 2 pounds of eddoes
- White sugar, brown sugar or maple syrup
- Wash the eddoes clean. Don’t need to peel them.
- Add 2 cups of water in the Instant Pot inner pot. Put in the steaming rack that came with Instant Pot.
- Put the eddoes in a ceramic/metal serving bowl. Place the bowl on top of the steaming rack.
- Press the “Steam” key and select 8 minutes.
- The semi-hard shell of eddoes will be very easy to peel off. Cut the peeled eddoes into bite-size and roll them in the sugar of your choice (white sugar, brown sugar or maple syrup