Submitted by Lily J.
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Two 1/2-inch-thick slices of pancetta (4 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 pound French green lentils
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 quarts water
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 large head of garlic, separated into cloves and peeled * Kosher salt to taste
- 1 lemon-pepper rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, cut into 8 pieces
- 3/4 pound garlic salami, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 4 ounces lean slab bacon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
In the inner pot, use Saute function to heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the pancetta and onion and cook until the fat has been rendered, about 5 minutes. Add the lentils, thyme, water, chicken broth, garlic, chicken, salami, and bacon.
Put cover on cooker. Use Manual mode to cook for 15 minutes. Wait 10 minutes. Ensure that pressure is fully released and remove the lid.
Discard thyme and add salt to taste. Run the Saute function to thicken the sauce. Stir in parsley and serve.
* Peel garlic cloves quickly by immersing them in boiling water for a few seconds.