Submitted by Ezzie B.
I usually buy those wonderful tomatoes on the vine every couple of weeks. But my husband doesn’t eat them fast enough. So I’ve developed a good recipe to transform them into Tomato Bisque that is delicious and inexpensive. But you can use good plum tomatoes as well.
- Cut tomatoes in half or quarters. Put into the inner liner pot. No need to peel the tomatoes!
- If you put in enough to go to the fill line add 1 cup water, or if you only had enough for 1/2 pot full just add 1/2 cup water.
- Put the lid on and plug in the Instant Pot. Then set to steam and adjust time (using the + and – buttons) to 6 minutes.
- When you hear the beeps indicating it is done do NOTHING. Just let the pot return to normal pressure.
- Remove the lid and using an immersion blender, blend to a very smooth consistency.
- You can add whatever you like at this point.
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste (white pepper is best) Basil or oregano (fresh or dried)
- Add as much half and half as you like. I added 1 cup for a half batch.
- Serve with a fresh leaf of basil on the soup and fresh bread on the side.