Submitted by Glenn R.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1 Tb oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rice wine (or cider) vinegar
- 1 20 oz can of pineapple
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp. finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp. fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 lbs of ribs, trimmed and cut for serving.
- Corn starch slurry
Directions are for Instant Pot 6-in-1 Pressure Cooker.
- Add oil, sauté onions until just translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except cornstarch slurry. Make sure spareribs are submerged in sauce. You can marinate refrigerated in the pot for several hours.
- Pressure cook on “Stew” for 12 minutes, leave on keep warm for 3 minutes. Release pressure. Check meat for doneness and moisture. If needs more time set timer to “Stew” for a few more minutes.
- When meat is done, remove meat to bowl and adjust seasoning (if needed). Set to sauté, when sauce starts to boil, add cornstarch slurry to thicken to desired taste and stir for one minute.
- Serve with rice and veggies of your choice.
- Variation, brown meat in oil on sauté before cooking. Alternately, “char” firmer meat on bbq or under broiler after pressure cooking, basting with strained sauce. Either of these are preferable if you aren’t using fish sauce.