Submitted by Glenn R.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1-2 T olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic crushed (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 Kg of boneless/skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can green chiles (127 ml)
- 1 handful fresh cilantro or 1 tsp ground coriander
- 400 gms of tomatillos or salsa verde
- Salt and Pepper
- 200 gms Garbanzo beans
- 400 gms leftover rice
- 400 gms cheddar cheese
- 200 ml chopped tomatoes
- 100 ml black olives
Directions are for Instant Pot 6-in-1 Pressure Cooker.
- Sauté onions until translucent in oil.
- When onions are translucent, sauté garlic for 15 seconds. Add chicken, chiles, cilantro (or coriander), tomatillos (or salsa verde), salt and pepper to taste.
- Pressure cook on “Poultry” for 8 minutes, leave on keep warm for 3 minutes.
- Release pressure. Remove chicken and break it up with forks.
- Add garbanzo beans and rice, sautéing for 1 minute.
- Return meat to reheat and stir in cheese.
- Serve as meat course, with refried beans salad, and tortillas. Also can be used as a burrito filling. Garnish at the table with chopped tomatoes and black olives.
This is mild but savory.