Submitted by Angel C.
This recipe can be use for other poultries. But I like to use the instant pot to do the duck because the depth of the instant pot can do the best job of keeping the oil splatter in the pot that not a single splatter shield can do. We all know how hard is to remove the oil splatter on the stove and on the wall. And duck fat and potato is a perfect match. The instant pot is the ultimate solution to a quick, easy and delicious meals.
- 1 Whole duck chopped into chunks
- 1 Potato chopped into cubes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, sliced
- 2 green onions cut into 2 inches length
- 4 table spoons of soy sauce
- 4 table spoons of sugar
- 4 table spoons of rice/sherry wine
- 1/2 tea spoons of salt
- 1/4 cup of water
1. Heat up the instant pot by pressing “Saute” for 1 minute.
2. Sear the chopped duck in the instant pot with skin side down till golden brown.
3. Stir in and mix all ingredients into the instant pot, except the potato, and press “Poultry.”
4. After the poultry cycle, release pressure and open the lid. Stir in the potato cubes and press “manual” for another 5 minute.