Submitted by Kay G.
- 1/4 bacon, diced
- 1 pound chicken breast/or beef chuck 1″ cubes
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 large onion
- 1 pkg 16oz frozen spinach
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 red or green pepper diced
- 1 can of sliced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp hot sauce or to taste
- 1 pkg frozen sliced okra (optional)
- 3 TB butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- place bacon, chicken, onion, water and broth in pressure cooker. Add spinach, thyme, green pepper, tomatoes, bay leaf, salt pepper and hot sauce.
- (optional) Saute the okra in the butter ovser the lowest heat for 5 minutes, then add to the soup.
- Pressure cook on manual for 9-10min
- Do a quick release – add shrimp to soup and let pink up about 3 minutes 4.(optional)I added some canned potatoes that I had canned (Russian banana fingerlings)that I just heated in the microwave to round it out for my taste.
- Serve with cornbread
Yield 6 servings – 16 grams of carbs and 5 grams of fiber, 33 grams of protein per serving.