Submitted by Ezzie B.
This is already such a favorite. My husband is now convinced that he loves the Instant Pot! I made one batch of this tonight and then had to make a second because I had none left to share with neighbors!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 c Goya Coconut milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 c cubed stale bread
- ½ c cranraisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
Optional ingredients can be:
- Coconut flakes
- Macadamia nuts or other nuts such as walnuts or pecans Apple ½ of a fresh apple minced
- Put 2 cups of water in the Instant Pot stainless steel inner pot. Add the steam rack.
- Use a casserole small enough to fit into the Instant Pot, but large enough to hold the bread and liquids. I use a casserole dish that is sloped up to 8 inches in diameter and 3 inches high.
- Cut bread in cubes. I like to use my homemade challah but any sweet or white bread will do.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl to combine. Put in the cubed bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Cover with wax paper and secure (I use silicone rubber bands that can withstand temperatures up to 600 degrees).
- Set Instant Pot to steam and adjust time to 15 minutes. Let pressure drop of its own accord.
- I usually wait an additional 15 minutes before removing the lid. Remove the casserole dish carefully. Remove the wax paper and whatever secured it.
- At this point I like to put it under a low broiler flame for about 5-8 minutes just to brown the top.