- 1 14-oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12-oz can of evaporated milk
- 1 8-oz cream cheese bar-softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- A dash of Cinnamon
- A dash of Nutmeg
- 6 T sugar
- Make the caramel: Use your flan pan* to melt the sugar. Stir until it is melted and a medium brown color. Don’t let it burn. Remove from heat and swirl the liquid sugar to coat the sides of the pan. Make the custard while it cools.
- Put the cream cheese in a medium sized bowl. Add each egg one at a time until nicely blended. Add remaining ingredients and put in your caramelized pan. Secure the lid.
- Put a couple inches of water in the Instant Pot and place* the flan on a trivet, cook it on manual for 15 minutes. Let the pressure drop naturally. Remove flan from Instant Pot and let cool to room temp, then refrigerate for 6 – 8 hours or longer if you want.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan, flip onto a plate that has a rim to catch the caramel . Slice and enjoy!
*Notes: If you don’t have a flan pan, you can use a springform pan covered with foil, or any pan that has tall sides and will fit in the Instant Pot. Also, make a “lifter” out of a triple-folded piece of foil. Put your pan on the strip and carefully lift it into the Instant Pot, leave the foil lifter in while it is cooking and use it to remove the flan when it is done depressurizing.