Submitted by Kay A.
- 1 lb frozen chicken breasts (3-4)
- 1 onion quartered
- 1 carrot, chopped chunky
- 1 stalk celery, chopped chunky
- 2 t diced garlic
- 2 squash or zucchini, chopped chunky
- 2 medium potatos, skin-on, quartered
- 1 can Progresso Parmesan Recipe Starters
- 1 T Italian Seasoning
- 1 T ground flaxseed (optional, just for added nutrition not flavor) Salt to taste Pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in Instant Pot except salt and pepper. Stir a little to distribute. Close lid, push rice button and set for 12 minutes.
- When beeps that finished, allow to depressurize normally.
- Remove lid. Using two forks, shread chicken breasts as much as desired in your soup. (Chicken should shred easily and be thoroughly cooked. If not, replace lid, push poultry and cook a few more minutes.)
- Stir the soup a little, but not too much or you will mush the vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste. Replace lid and let sit on “keep warm” for about 30 minutes to fully integrate the flavor in the chicken.
- Serve with freshly baked whole grain rolls. Yummy.