Another Recipe to share with Instn Pot uses (not for te recipe contest)
By Natural Chef Dana Miller
I love to make this rice when we make tacos or enchiladas for dinner. It was inspired from one of our local Mexican Restaurants’ recipe they shared for their rice. Plus it is a great way to get your kids to eat brown rice!
Ingredients: Serves: 6 – 8
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, small diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups of long grain brown rice
- 3 cups organic chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Heat the inner liner of the Instant Pot on “Sauté” setting. Melt coconut oil. Add onion; sauté about 5 minutes until translucent.
2. Add garlic, oregano and tomato paste; stir and let sauté for about 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add brown rice; stir to combine and let cook for another minute or so. It begins to caramelize a little bit and deepens the flavors.
4. Add the chicken stock and sea salt. Give it a good stir to incorporate all the flavors..
5. Place the lid on the pressure cooker and lock into place. Press the Manual button; adjust time so that the pressure time is at 15 minutes. When done and pressure has naturally released, remove lid.