Submitted by Ezzie B.
- (rinsed and patted dry) 1 1/2 or 2 pound or same amount of a regular kosher brisket
- 2 tbsp oil (or margarine such as I can’t believe it’s not butter)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper corns
- 1 medium sized Spanish onion
- 5 red potatoes (or any other potatoes you have)
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1- 1/2 c Pacific Organic free range chicken broth (low sodium)
I am using the Instant Pot IP-LUX60 (6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker) for this recipe.
- Put the Instant Pot on the saute setting.
- Put in 1 tbsp of the oil (or margarine) and caramalize the onions. Once golden, remove from pot, put in bowl, and set aside.
- If needed add a bit more oil (or margarine). But keep the Instant Pot on Saute setting.
- Rub the freshly ground pepper corns on both sides of the brisket. Note: If you are cooking a regular brisket add salt as well (I recommend Kosher salt because the granules are bigger and you have less tendency to over-salt).
- Sear brisket on both sides.
- Put in carrots, potatoes, and browned onions. Then pour over the chicken broth.
- Switch Instant Pot to Slow Cook and set for 4 hours.
- Let slow cooker setting return to normal pressure on it’s own. Then remove vegetables. Gently lift brisket as it will be falling apart! Warning! Your mouth will start to water!
- Put the Instant Pot back on saute setting and reduce down the juices to about half. This will only take a few minutes!
- That’s it. Again if using a kosher brisket, there is no added salt. That is also why I used low sodium chicken broth.