Submitted by Diane H.
Ingredients: 12 Sliders
- 1/2 Pound peeled baby carrots
- 1/2 Pound radishes (I prefer white Icicle [baby daikon] radishes, but any kind will work)
- 1 large chunk of peeled ginger
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Cup cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1, 1.5 – 2 lb. pork tenderloin
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoon fish sauce (found in the asian foods aisle)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 walnut-sized piece of ginger, minced
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dozen Hawaiin Dinner rolls
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 12 lettuce leaves
- Sriracha hot sauce to taste
For the pickled veggies: Cut the carrots and radishes into matchstick sized pieces. Cut the ginger into very thin slices. In a medium saucepan combine water, vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring just to a boil and remove from heat. Add carrots, radishes and ginger to hot vinegar. Cover and allow to cool for 30 minutes before transferring to refrigerator to chill. Drain immediately before serving.
For the Pork: Cut the pork into two large chunks and pat dry. Place pork in the INSTANT POT pressure cooker with remaining pork ingredients. Lock the lid into place and cook on high pressure for 50 minutes. Let the steam release naturally. When the pressure valve drops, remove the lid, tilting it away from your face to allow residual steam to escape. Test the meat for doness by prodding it with a fork , it should be easy to pull apart.
Transfer the cooked meat to a cutting board and let stand until cool enough to handle, then shred using two forks to pull apart. Pour any liquid from the pot over the meat.
To assemble: Cut open a roll and spread both sides with a small amount of mayonnaise. Top with a portion of pulled pork and pickled vegetables and a lettuce leaf.. Season the top bun with Sriracha if desired. Repeat for remaining sliders. Serve immediately.