Submitted by Darlene P.
This recipe has wonderful flavors from Morocco. Takes about 10-15 minutes to prepare and ten minutes in the pressure cooker. My husband often requests this meal.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pounds of “boneless” Chicken thighs or breasts
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube or 1 tsp bouillon granules
- 1 small can of sliced Calamata (black) Olives
- (1 medium Lemon sliced for decoration)
- Make the White Rice in your Instant-Pot Pressure Cooker or Rice maker according to directions. If you have both, the recipe be ready quicker
- While the Rice is cooking:
- Mix Cilantro, paprika, cumin, salt, tumeric, ginger and garlic in food processor.
- Rub the cilantro mixture on both sides of chicken pieces.
- When the rice is done, Remove the rice from the Instant-Pot Pressure Cooker, cover and set aside.
- Put the chicken in the Pressure Cooker.
- Mix the water, lemon juice and bouillon and pour it over the chicken. Toss in some black olives.
- Instead of the normal oven baking time of 60 minutes, Cook this in your Instant-Pot for 10 minutes!
- Serve over white or yellow rice or couscous. Top this with a lemon twist and a fresh sprig of Cilantro.
While this cooks, heat up your favorite vegetable side dish and dinner roll. Layer rice with chicken over top, and spoon on gravy. Enjoy, you will make this one again!