- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- ½ c evaporated palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 orange peeled and quartered
- 1 onion, julienned
- 12 chicken thighs
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups pitted and halved fresh Bing Cherries
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 1/3 cups wild rice, rinsed
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted and halved fresh Bing cherries ½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds Sea salt to taste
1. In the liner of the instant pot add the balsamic vinegar, evaporated palm sugar, molasses, butter, orange and onion. Mix well.
2. Add the chicken, salt and rosemary. Stir to coat.
3. Add the cherries. Place the lid on the pressure cooker and lock into place. Press the Meat/Stew button; adjust time so that the pressure time is 25 minutes.
4. When done and pressure has naturally released, remove the lid
For the rice while the chicken is cooking
5. Bring veggie stock to boil in a medium saucepan on the stove top. Add rinsed wild rice. Cover and simmer for 50 minutes.
6. In a large sauté pan, heat butter. Sauté onion until caramelized.
7. Add tomato and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add onions and tomato to the rice.
8. Add cherries to the sauté pan and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until soft and juicey.
9. Add cherries and toasted pumpkin seeds to the rice. Stir to incorporate. Add salt if needed.
10. To serve: Place wild rice on a serving platter and top with chicken. Pour juices from the chicken over the entire platter and garnish with rosemary.
I served with sautéed kale.