Submitted by Ezzie Brody.
We live in an area surrounded by 40+ orchards/farms. During a recent trip to the local farmers market I bought a peck of Fuji apples. On a whim I decided to try apple butter in my Instant Pot. Couldn’t have asked for an easier way to make it! I’ve made it several times and it’s a no fail way to make apple butter with the least amount of effort!
I used one of those hand utensils that core and section the apple, very easy to use. I then cut each section in half. NO need to even peel the apples!
- Fill your inner pot to the line with apples.
- Add 1 cup water.
- Put the inner pot into the Instant Pot. Put on the lid, plug in and set Instant Pot to steam setting. Adjust time to 4 minutes using the + and – buttons.
- When you hear the beeps indicating it’s done, just leave it. Let the pressure return to normal on its own.
- Open lid and using an immersion blender, blend until it reaches apple butter consistency.
- Put in cinnamon, sugar (I use Splenda) to taste. You can also add a touch of nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice, whatever your tastebuds tell you would be to your taste.
- Put into containers, or into canning jars with new lids, and into a waterbath for 25 minutes.
- This is a great holiday breakfast treat on fresh baked bread, or over pancakes and waffles.