Oxtail bones make the most delicious soup. The soup is high in calcium and other minerals.
Oxtail soup is made with celery, onions, carrots and wine. It does take a long time to cook if using slow-cooker or other common methods. It can be cooked rather fast with Instant Pot Programmable Pressure Cooker.
Prepare Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: Around 30 minutes with Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker
Ingredients: 6 servings
- 2 pounds oxtail, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 2 medium-size carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 green onion, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 3 thin slices of ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup wine (of your choice)
- 6 cups water
Put all ingredients into Instant Pot Programmable Pressure Cooker then press the Soup button. Then that is it! Simple, fast, delicious, retaining flavor and nutrition, consistent results all the time.
Ready to serve:
Wait till the Instant Pot Programmable Pressure Cooker to cool down or open the pressure exhaust valve in order to open the cover.