Submitted by Glenn R.
Prep time 12 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1-2 T oil
- 2 medium onions sliced
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tsps rice wine or sherry
- 1 Tb soy sauce
- 1 kg beef round, cubed into one inch pieces
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- Pinch of smoked Paprika
- 1-2 tsp (to taste) garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup broth, preferably beef
- 1 Tb Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can of mushrooms (optional)
- 1-2 tsps (to taste) fresh ginger chopped finely
- 1-2 tsps cornstarch slurry if needed
Directions are for Instant Pot 6-in-1 Pressure Cooker (IP-LUX).
- Add oil, sauté onions until just translucent.
- Add sugar, rice wine and soy sauce and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Toss beef in dry ingredients, stir into pot and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce, stir and set cover for pressure cooking.
- Pressure cook on “Soup” for 30 minutes, leave on keep warm for 3 minutes. Release pressure. Check meat for doneness and moisture. If needs more time set timer to “Stew” for a few more minutes making sure there is enough broth.
- When meat is done, add chopped ginger, mushrooms (optional) and more salt and pepper (if needed). Add cornstarch slurry to thicken to desired taste (if needed).
- Sauté for another minute. Serve with rice and stir fried greens or fresh cut veggies.
- Variation, cook your favorite steamed greens along with the meat by setting a bowl on top of the steamer stand after interrupting the cooking time.