Submitted by Ezraella B.
- 4 small bay leaves
- 2 c rice
- 2 3/4 C water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil (or olive oil)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 C fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Tsp salt (or to taste)
- Rinse rice well, then put in Instant Pot. Add bay leaves and hot water. Set Instant Pot to rice setting. Since you are adding hot water it takes less time to heat up. The 10 minute setting is perfect for it.
- Immediately after rice is done let off the steam until you can safely remove the lid.
- Pour in oil, lime juice and sprinkle cilantro and salt over the rice. Mix all together well.
- Serve. This rice goes extremely well with the Instant Pot Mango Dal.
Note: I freeze chopped cilantro to keep it handy anytime as this is one of our favorite rices. If you can get it experiment with coconut oil, or grape seed oil.