Submitted by Pamie F.
Here is my web link if you would like to see more photos and my how-to video:
http://www.techconsult4u.com/OH-THE-FOODS/Steam-Breads/Instant_Pot_Steam_Breads-03-27-2012.html or you may use this smaller URL: http://tinyurl.com/7ll3rrw
- Favorite Bread recipe (Boxed, Frozen or from Scratch for – 1 loaf)
- 1 – Coffee Can that will fit into your Instant Pot. Mine was a 1-lb Coffee Can that was 5.5′ high
- Oil, Butter or spray Oil for inside the Can
- A couple of Tbls – Flour
- Foil wrap
- A Trivet (I used one that was about 1/2 high)
- Your Instant Pot
1. Mix you favorite bread recipe up. (let rest a few minutes while you put your Instant Pot items together) 2. Oil, Butter or a spray Oil the inside of the Can.
3. Completely Flour the inside of the Can after you Oil it.
4. Roll up your Bread into a soft ball and insert it inside the Can.
5. Add Foil to the top of the Can so it is about 1 inch higher then the lip of the Can. (notice Video) 6. Let the Bread raise until it’s 1″ from the top. (Bread will raise higher during the pressure cooking) 7. Add 8 cups of water where it’s at least 1/3 to 1/2 up the side of the can.
8. Put the lid on and “Manually” set the Instant Pot for 15 minutes. (If it’s a very heavy Bread like Multi-grain or Rye/Wheat, add another 5 minutes on top of that equaling 20 minutes total time.
9. Let the Bread cool down for 10 minutes then let out the rest of the steam.
10. Use a knife and slide around your loaf of Bread and gently slide it out to cool.