The easiest way to get familiar with Instant Pot pressure cooking is to watch how the experts do it. We are going to invite a group of chefs, cooking experts and bloggers to present recipes and share their tips and tricks on using Instant Pot.
Beef Roast with Potatoes & Carrots: a One-Pot Meal
In the first of the series, Laura Pazzaglia, founder of HipPressureCooking.com, shows how to cook beef roast in Instant Pot. You’ll learn the techniques of sautéing/browning and making one-pot meal.
This recipe can be cooked with either Instant Pot IP-DUO or IP-LUX series. The detailed recipe can be found on page 20 in our free pressure cooking cookbook.
How to Make Yogurt with Instant Pot IP-DUO
Unlike the existing yogurt makers which does incubation only, Instant Pot IP-DUO can also pasteurize (scald) milk. This kills bad bacteria that interfere yogurt making and denatures the milk protein to make it more digestible.
In this video, Laura Pazzaglia, founder of HipPressureCooking.com, shows how to make yogurt in IP-DUO. Detailed instructions on making yogurt can also be found on Page 16 of your Instant Pot IP-DUO User Manual downloadable from here. Laura also has a blog covering more tricks and tips of making yogurt in IP-DUO.
Red Lentil Chili
This recipe can be cooked with either Instant Pot IP-DUO or IP-LUX series. You can find more of Chef AJ’s recipe videos at http://www.eatunprocessed.com/.
Chicken and Pancetta Risotto
A 10 minute meal in the Instant Pot, risotto is a popular family meal.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins + 3 mins standing time
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 100g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 50g pancetta, diced
- 300g diced chicken
- 300g Arborio rice
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan
- 100ml/. small glass white wine
- 800ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- Grated parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Basil leaves
- Press ‘Saute’ to preheat the Instant Pot, and when the words ‘Hot’ appear on the display, add the oil, and 30g of the butter to the pan. Saute the onion, garlic, pancetta and chicken for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, season well, add the thyme, and stir in the wine. Press ‘Stop/cancel’. Pour in the stock and stir really well.
- Press the ‘Rice’ cooking button, and adjust the time to 12 minutes. Give the risotto another really good stir, and seal the lid.
- At the end of the cooking time, stir the risotto well to develop the creamy texture, and stir in the grated parmesan, and remaining butter. Leave to stand for 3 minutes.
- Serve topped with extra parmesan, freshly ground black pepper, grated lemon zest and basil leaves.
White Beans with Greens and Lemon
A vegetarian recipe by Jill, the Veggie Queen. Simple and easy one-pot vegan meal.
Pressure Cooker Hard Boiled Eggs
Laura Pazzaglia, founder of HipPressurecooking.com, shows the magic of steaming EASY-TO-PEEL hard boiled eggs, using Instant Pot!
Pressure Cooker Pasta with Sausage & Broccoli
Another wonderful recipe from Laura Pazzaglia. A classic Italian pasta dish promises creamy broccoli, crispy sausage and al dente pasta. This dish is a flavorful one pot meal that comes together with an easy technique.
Pressure Cooker Sushi Rice
Laura and her son Vittorio make sushi rice in an Instant Pot.
Making Ketchup in Your Instant Pot
If you find the regular ketchup too salty, sour or sweet, here’s how to make your own.