Submitted by Clarence M.
- 1 lb package of Pinto Beans
- 3 Slices of bacon
- 1 pkg of Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 medium onion
- 6 cloves of garlic (or more if desired)
- a couple of tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 Jalapeno Chile Peppers
- cut bacon into pieces
- dice onions
- chop garlic
- soak beans for a couple of hours (Optional) Dice Jalapenos 1 with seeds, one without
- turn Instant Pot to saute
- add Olive Oil
- Saute Bacon until done
- add onions and garlic and cook until transparent, add pkg of Lipton Soup Mix, add 1 cup of water and remaining ingredients, mix everything while in Saute setting for 5 minutes until soup mix is dissolved.
- add the beans and 4 cups of water.
- set the Instant Pot on the Bean/Chili setting and close lid use the natural steam release when default time is done.