Submitted by Flo Lum
~while on holiday in the south of France
1T olive oil
100g lardon (or bacon)
500g sausage meat
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
2 cups tomato piccata (or tomato purée)
Salt to taste
500g pasta (i.e. penne, rigatoni, I used cellentani)
Water to cover the pasta
Freshly chopped basil (about a handful)
Freshly grated Parmesan (about 1/4 cup)
1. Set the instant pot on Sauté. Once it says Hot, add the olive oil. Render the lardon about 3-4 minutes. Remove the lardon onto a plate. Lardon is a must because we just have to in France. smile emoticon
2. Brown sausage meat until cooked through.
3. Add the onion and garlic and sauté them for a few minutes, scraping the up the brown bits from the bottom of the pot as you go.
4. Cancel the sauté mode. Pour in the tomato piccata and salt to taste (I used about 1t).
5. Add dry pasta and stir to coat, then flatten until level. Add water to just cover the pasta.
6. Close and lock the lid, making sure the sealing knob is on sealing. Choose manual, low pressure for 5 mins (or half the time it says on the box for normal cooking, e.g. If it says 8 mins cook for 4, if it says 10 mins cook for 5, etc).
7. Once the cooking is done, release the pressure by the quick pressure release.
8. Stir in chopped basil and Parmesan cheese.