Submitted by Dana.
Serves: 6 – 8
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 3 – 4 pound pork shoulder roast
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 bottle of beer, lager is best
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- Combine the ancho chili powder, chipotle chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, and salt in a small bowl. Take the pork out of its netting, cut into 2 inch cubes and rub the spice mixture all over, getting into all the nooks and crannies.
- Using the Sauté setting on your InstantPot, melt 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Brown the meat on all sides in 3 – 4 batches. Remove browned pieces of meat and set aside.
- When all the meat has been browned add the beer and orange juice to the pot. Scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Add the onion, garlic and bay leaves to the pot and place the pork pieces on top.
- Place lid on the InstantPot, lock into place and press the Meat/Stew button.
- When done, remove the roast from the pot, leaving the cooking liquid. Turn the InstantPot back to sauté and allow the cooking liquid to simmer until it has been reduced by half.
- Heat your Broiler Oven to High
- While the liquid is reducing, shred the meat with 2 forks. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan. When the liquid has reduced, turn off the pot, spoon some of the reduced cooking liquid over the shredded pork. (Just enough to keep the meat from drying out too much) Broil the meat until crisp and brown.
- Serve on a platter with guacamole, lime wedges, salsa and a basket of hot tortillas.