Video credit to @amazonkitchen.com
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb spicy Italian pork sausage
- 1/2 lb ground chunk
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 can (28.2oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 lb of cooked pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- Set Instant Pot to “Saute”, and add oil. Sauce onions, carrots, celery, and garlic until the onions are translucent. Add ground meat and seasonings, and cook until meat is brown.
- Deglaze Instant Pot with red wine, and cook for 15 minutes, until wine is reduced. Stir in tomatoes and sugar, then close the lid. Press “Cancel” then “Manual”, and cook on “High Pressure” for 15 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti, or your favourite pasta, with a dusting of Parmesan cheese.