Submitted by Dana M.
Instant Pot Cassoulet with lots of Veggies Adapted from Thomas Keller (http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/thomas-kellers-slow-cooker-cassoulet.html)
- 2 slices nitrate free bacon, cut crosswise into ½-inch strips
- 2 pounds boneless pork ribs, cut into 1-inch chunks Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 bunch kale or chard, chiffonad
- 2 cup white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 fully cooked chicken garlic sausage links, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 cups dry great northern beans, soaked overnight and drained if possible
- 1 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 inch piece of kombu (optional: makes beans more digestible)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups herbed croutons
- Season the pork ribs generously with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Set pressure cooker to Sauté to heat up the insert. Add the bacon to the insert and cook until crisp on both sides, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Reserve the bacon fat in the insert.
- Add half of the pork to the insert and brown on all sides, 7 to 8 minutes total. Transfer to a platter. Repeat with the remaining pork.
- Add the onions, carrot, celery, zucchini, kale and 1 teaspoon salt to the insert and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 7 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 8 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, tomatoes and broth. Turn off the Sauté feature. Add the pork, sausage, beans, rosemary, thyme, parsley, bay leaf, kombu and garlic. Stir everything to combine.
- Place the lid on the pressure and lock into place. Press the Meat/Stew Button. When done and pressure has naturally release remove lid, skim off the fat, and remove and discard the bay leaf and piece of kombu. Adjust the seasonings with kosher salt and pepper.
- Ladle Cassoulet into individual serving bowls, top with croutons, reserved bacon and fresh minced parsley. Serve.