Submitted by Floyd W.
This makes an Excellent Fresh Fruit Yogurt
For Plain Yogurt just omit the Fruit!
You will need:
4 Wide mouth Pint Jars
5 2/3 Cups of Organic Milk whole or reduced fat.
4 TBSP of All Natural Sugar
4 TBSP of Non Fat Dry Milk Powder
2 Cups of Fresh Fruit Chopped
1. Add 1 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot and add Grate.
2. Put 1 1/3 Cup of Milk in each Jar place lids on loosely place into the instant pot.
3. Pressure Pressure Cycle on the instant pot and reduce time from 30 minutes to 2 minutes. This scalds the milk killing any pathogens that might be in the milk . Give you a fresh clean slate to start with.
4.After cycle is done release steam from the instant pot and safely with a jar lifter remove jars to cool.
5. I remove the lids carefully and place jars into cool water to speed up the cooling process.
6 Once the milk is below 100 degree you can add your Yogurt Culture safely to the milk.
( For A Yogurt Culture buy plain Cultured Yogurt from your grocery store.
7. Add 1 TBSP of Sugar to each jar
8. Add 1 TBSP of Non Fat Dry Milk to each jar.
9. Add 1 TBSP of Yogurt Culture to each jars and stir up the ingredients till mixed well.( to obtain your yogurt culture just buy plain Cultured Greek Yogurt or reg)
Note:After you make plain yogurt you will now have your own culture to keep your Yogurt making process going!)
10. Add 1/2 cup of fresh fruit to each jar. carefully not to over fill the jars.
Note: By using the jars this enables you to be able to make plain or different flavors all at the same time.
Leave at least 1/8″inch from the top of each jar. Replace lids and rings and place jars back into the Instant Pot . Make sure it still has the 1 1/2 up of water in the bottom the instant pot..
11. Press the Yogurt cycle on the Instant Pot then increase the time from 8 hours to 12 hours.
12. After the cycle is complete place them into the refrigerator cooling it down stops the cooking process by reducing the temperature.