Submitted by Sue B.
Great with BBQ menu.
- 1 bag dry small red beans (10 oz)
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped fine)
- 4 cloves garlic (smash first, then grind in coffee grinder or mince)
- 1 large crisp apple peeled/chopped in 1 inch squares (Jonagold easter apple is good)
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons ketchup (w/o high fructose corn syrup)
- 1 rounded tablespoon sea salt
- 1 generous dash of celery salt
- 3 tablespoons dry oregano
- 4 generous dashes of cayenne pepper
- 12 twists fresh black pepper
- 2 dashes cumin powder
Soak beans overnight. (15 min prep time)
Place soaked beans in fresh water in pressure cooker with 2 inches over top of beans. Cook 45 minutes until very tender. Enjoy!