Whole grains are high in fiber. low in fat, and rich in nutrients. Consumption of whole grains has been consistently linked with a significant decrease in risk factors for heart disease and type II diabetes.
Whole grains are more forgiving than white rice when over cooked. Multiple grains can be mixed together to create large variety of wholegrain meal. They remain pleasantly full of texture after cooking.
Prepare Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: about 70 minutes
Ingredients: 6~8 servings
- 3 cups brown rice, wild rice or other whole grains, rinsed
- 2 tablespoon of oil (olive oil preferred)
- 9 cups of water
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Combine the grains, water, oil and salt (if used) in the inner pot.
- Press the Multigrain key.
- After the cooking is completed, let it steam in the residual heat for 5 more minutes.
- Open the lid, stir to fluff up the grains before serving.