Submitted by Floyd W.
This makes an Excellent Fresh Fruit Yogurt
For Plain Yogurt just omit the Fruit!
You will need:
4 Wide mouth Pint Jars
5 2/3 Cups of Organic Milk whole or reduced fat.
4 TBSP of All Natural Sugar
4 TBSP of Non Fat Dry Milk Powder
2 Cups of Fresh Fruit Chopped
1. Add 1 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot and add Grate.
2. Put 1 1/3 Cup of Milk in each Jar place lids on loosely place into the instant pot.
3. Pressure Pressure Cycle on the instant pot and reduce time from 30 minutes to 2 minutes. This scalds the milk killing any pathogens that might be in the milk . Give you a fresh clean slate to start with.
4.After cycle is done release steam from the instant pot and safely with a jar lifter remove jars to cool.
5. I remove the lids carefully and place jars into cool water to speed up the cooling process.
6 Once the milk is below 100 degree you can add your Yogurt Culture safely to the milk.
( For A Yogurt Culture buy plain Cultured Yogurt from your grocery store.
7. Add 1 TBSP of Sugar to each jar
8. Add 1 TBSP of Non Fat Dry Milk to each jar.
9. Add 1 TBSP of Yogurt Culture to each jars and stir up the ingredients till mixed well.( to obtain your yogurt culture just buy plain Cultured Greek Yogurt or reg)
Note:After you make plain yogurt you will now have your own culture to keep your Yogurt making process going!)
10. Add 1/2 cup of fresh fruit to each jar. carefully not to over fill the jars.
Note: By using the jars this enables you to be able to make plain or different flavors all at the same time.
Leave at least 1/8″inch from the top of each jar. Replace lids and rings and place jars back into the Instant Pot . Make sure it still has the 1 1/2 up of water in the bottom the instant pot..
11. Press the Yogurt cycle on the Instant Pot then increase the time from 8 hours to 12 hours.
12. After the cycle is complete place them into the refrigerator cooling it down stops the cooking process by reducing the temperature.
We live in an area surrounded by 40+ orchards/farms. During a recent trip to the local farmers market I bought a peck of Fuji apples. On a whim I decided to try apple butter in my Instant Pot. Couldn’t have asked for an easier way to make it! I’ve made it several times and it’s a no fail way to make apple butter with the least amount of effort!
I used one of those hand utensils that core and section the apple, very easy to use. I then cut each section in half. NO need to even peel the apples!
Fill your inner pot to the line with apples.
Add 1 cup water.
Put the inner pot into the Instant Pot. Put on the lid, plug in and set Instant Pot to steam setting. Adjust time to 4 minutes using the + and – buttons.
When you hear the beeps indicating it’s done, just leave it. Let the pressure return to normal on its own.
Open lid and using an immersion blender, blend until it reaches apple butter consistency.
Put in cinnamon, sugar (I use Splenda) to taste. You can also add a touch of nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice, whatever your tastebuds tell you would be to your taste.
Put into containers, or into canning jars with new lids, and into a waterbath for 25 minutes.
This is a great holiday breakfast treat on fresh baked bread, or over pancakes and waffles.