Submitted by Valerie M.
YUMMY! Use ground beef or ground chicken for this recipe. You can also have the option to add potatoes for a full meal.
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 small can drained mushrooms (I like to chop these)
- 1 cup milk
- Thick sliced potatoes (about 1/2 ” slices) Sea salt and dry garlic grinder
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 4 TBSP brown sugar
Spray inner pot with non-stick spray.
Mix Meatloaf ingredients, shape into a round loaf and place inside pot, forming to fit.
I like to form meatloaf more to one side of the pot and add thick potato slices stacked up in the remaining area next to the loaf. (If you decide to add potatoes, season them now with sea salt/garlic.)
Make your meatloaf topping and add to the top of your loaf.
Close and lock Instant pot lid and make sure the Steam Release Handle is in “venting” position. Choose the Slow Cook key and adjust (using – or +) for time. Then adjust for Temperature (using the Less/Normal/More keys – Less=Low/Normal=Med/More=High)
- LOW 6-8 hours or on HIGH 4-6 hours
Submitted by Kay A.
Fast (frozen to ready to serve in 35 minutes) Delicious Healthy
If you divide the chicken to make four servings, the chicken alone will be 215 calories a serving.
- 1 pound frozen chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick’s Barbeque Seasoning (or any brand you like) • Dash red pepper flakes • 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning • 2 teaspoons honey
- Lettuces, spinach, tomatoes, pine nuts, walnuts, flax seeds, shredded cheeses, etc.
- Salad dressing of your choice (yogurt based dressings are especially delicious)
Spray the bottom of the Instant Pot with nonstick spray. Place the frozen chicken breasts and 1/3 cup of water in the pot and put the lid on. Press the steam button and set the time to eight minutes. (The pot will come to pressure in about eight minutes and then cook for eight minutes.)
While the breasts are thawing in the Instant Pot
- Prepare your salad fixings and place them in into serving bowls.
- Mix together in a separate bowl the BBQ sauce (ketchup, BBQ seasoning, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning and honey.) 3. Taste the BBQ sauce and adjust it to make sure it is the way your family prefers. We are a fairly low sugar family, so you may want more honey.
When the Instant Pot beeps that it is finished, throw a dish towel over the top and do a quick pressure release. Remove the top. With the chicken still in the pot, use a large fork and long sharp knife to slice the chicken into 1/2 inch strips being careful to not touch the sides of the hot pot. The chicken will be raw in the middle but easily sliceable. Pour the BBQ sauce over the chicken and mix with a heat safe spoon. At this point, it looks like chicken in a watery tomato soup.
Press the sauté button and set the time for 18 minutes, which will likely be too much time. This will come to a good boil, but will not splatter on your kitchen because the Instant Pot insert is so deep. For the first 10 minutes you can work on other things in the kitchen and just visit the pot, stir a little, turn chicken over, etc., as you monitor the progress. However, as the sauce thickens, it is important that you stay with the pot and monitor the sauce. So, for the last five minutes, you move the chicken around in the pot a little while the sauce thickens and sticks to the chicken. When almost all of the sauce has stuck to the chicken, remove the chicken to a serving tray. Turn the pot off. IMMEDIATELY pour 2-3 cups of water into the Instant Pot to keep the remaining sauce reside from sticking and burning to the pot.
Lay the chicken on top of the salads and serve. It is so good.
Submitted by Kay A.
I used to simmer chicken all day to prepare this recipe. With my Instant Pot, it comes together so much faster! These are very mild (not spicy), creamy chicken and corn tortilla enchiladas. If you like your enchiladas spicy, you will need to kick it up a notch by adding heat to the chicken mixture – that’s what the optional peppers accomplish. These reheat well, so you can make them early in the day and then reheat at mealtime.
Makes 12 enchiladas that are 250 calories each.
- 1 pound frozen chicken breasts
- 2 cups water
- 1 10 ounce can Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
- 1 8 oz package of Neufchatel Cheese or reduced fat cream cheese
- ½ onion, green peppers, hot peppers (whatever you like to spice it up) optional
- 1 cup chopped spinach (optional but highly recommended for nutrition)
- 12 whole grain extra thin 6 inch yellow corn tortillas (Mission brand is 80 calories each)
- 3 ounces of grated cheddar cheese (or as much as you prefer)
- Place frozen chicken breasts in Instant Pot with 2 cups of water. Put lid on, press poultry button and set time to 30 minutes. When beeps finished, either let sit or release pressure immediately based on how much time you have. Pour off liquid and save to use as a weak broth for other recipes.
- With chicken still in pot, shred chicken with two large forks and then add the package of Neufchatel cheese, the spinach, any onions or peppers you might want and 2 tablespoons of the enchilada sauce. Press the Sauté button and use the heat to soften the cheese a little so you can easily combine the contents of the pot. You are not really sautéing anything, so don’t walk away or leave on Sauté for more than 60 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a shallow baking dish that is large enough to hold 12 enchiladas with nonstick spray. Place 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken filling into the middle of each corn tortilla and roll the sides up to form an enchilada. Place seam side down in the baking dish. (Don’t worry if the corn tortillas crack a little in the process.)
- Slowly dribble the rest of the enchilada sauce over each enchilada in the baking dish, making sure to wet the top of each tortilla completely. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in the preheated 400 degree oven. After 15 minutes, remove the aluminum foil. Continue to cook in the oven until bubbly and cheese is melted (about 10 minutes).
I serve with a side salad, but Mexican rice or black beans would be yummy.
Submitted by Robin R.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 2 lbs
- 2 t granulated garlic
- 2 t chili powder
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1/2 t coriander
- 1 t cumin
- 1/2 C Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Cider or Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees or preheat gas grill or prepare briquets for grilling
- Place chicken thighs in Instant Pot. Do not add liquids, the chicken will produce plenty of broth for the Spicy Honey Sauce.
- Place lid on and press the POULTRY button.
- When Instant Pot signals that the chicken is finished cooking, remove lid and place chicken on a baking sheet. Then place chicken in oven or on the grill for 15 minutes or until skin is crispy.
- Remove chicken from oven or grill and set aside in a baking dish to keep warm.
- While chicken is in the oven or on the grill, strain the chicken broth into a bowl, place broth back into the pot, push SAUTE button.
- Add honey, Balsamic or Cider vinegar and seasonings to the chicken broth. Stirring occasionally, simmer the sauce until it thickens and coats a spoon like syrup, may take from 10-15 minutes.
- After sauce has thickened, turn pot off, adjust seasonings to your taste and pour the sauce over the chicken, coating each piece evenly.
We serve with multi-grain rice and a salad or vegetable.
Submitted by Glenn R.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1-2 T olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic crushed (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 Kg of boneless/skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can green chiles (127 ml)
- 1 handful fresh cilantro or 1 tsp ground coriander
- 400 gms of tomatillos or salsa verde
- Salt and Pepper
- 200 gms Garbanzo beans
- 400 gms leftover rice
- 400 gms cheddar cheese
- 200 ml chopped tomatoes
- 100 ml black olives
Directions are for Instant Pot 6-in-1 Pressure Cooker.
- Sauté onions until translucent in oil.
- When onions are translucent, sauté garlic for 15 seconds. Add chicken, chiles, cilantro (or coriander), tomatillos (or salsa verde), salt and pepper to taste.
- Pressure cook on “Poultry” for 8 minutes, leave on keep warm for 3 minutes.
- Release pressure. Remove chicken and break it up with forks.
- Add garbanzo beans and rice, sautéing for 1 minute.
- Return meat to reheat and stir in cheese.
- Serve as meat course, with refried beans salad, and tortillas. Also can be used as a burrito filling. Garnish at the table with chopped tomatoes and black olives.
This is mild but savory.
Submitted by Ezzie B.
- 1 Chicken (cut up or you can use boneless chicken breasts and thighs)
- 1 tsp. Coriander seeds
- 1 Yellow onion (Spanish)
- 1 tsp. Fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder (or fresh garlic)
- 2 tsp. Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 or 2 chopped Tomato
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro leaves for garnishing
- 1 ¼ to 2 tsp. Chili powder (depending how hot your chili powder is and how hot you want the dish)
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp. Ginger powder (or fresh grated ginger)
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Coriander powder
- Juice of 1 whole lemon
- Salt to taste
1) Mix the marinade ingredients then smear all over the chicken. Cover and keep in refrigerator for 15 minutes to an hour.
Note* I rub the marinade mixture all over the chicken and then put into a vacuum seal bag and vacuum seal on moist setting. Then I put in the refrigerator for an hour. This does a really good job of marinating the chicken.
2) While the chicken is marinating, chop the onion, measure out the spices and chop the tomatoes.
Heat oil in InstantPot on Sauté setting.
3) Add coriander seeds to heat and let some of them pop. Then add onion and sauté, until they turn translucent.
4) Add ginger and garlic powder, garam masala, coriander powder and chili powder and sauté for a minute.
5) Add tomatoes and cook, until they become soft.
6) Add chicken pieces and sauté for a minute.
7) Add 1/2 cup of water and salt. (No water required for boneless chicken)
8) Put lid on and set to chicken setting and adjust to 10-15 minutes. If using boneless chicken you can cook for about 8 minutes.
9) Place chicken on plate, spoon up the tomatoes and onions, and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with Chipotle style rice.
Submitted by Darlene P.
This recipe has wonderful flavors from Morocco. Takes about 10-15 minutes to prepare and ten minutes in the pressure cooker. My husband often requests this meal.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pounds of “boneless” Chicken thighs or breasts
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube or 1 tsp bouillon granules
- 1 small can of sliced Calamata (black) Olives
- (1 medium Lemon sliced for decoration)
- Make the White Rice in your Instant-Pot Pressure Cooker or Rice maker according to directions. If you have both, the recipe be ready quicker
- While the Rice is cooking:
- Mix Cilantro, paprika, cumin, salt, tumeric, ginger and garlic in food processor.
- Rub the cilantro mixture on both sides of chicken pieces.
- When the rice is done, Remove the rice from the Instant-Pot Pressure Cooker, cover and set aside.
- Put the chicken in the Pressure Cooker.
- Mix the water, lemon juice and bouillon and pour it over the chicken. Toss in some black olives.
- Instead of the normal oven baking time of 60 minutes, Cook this in your Instant-Pot for 10 minutes!
- Serve over white or yellow rice or couscous. Top this with a lemon twist and a fresh sprig of Cilantro.
While this cooks, heat up your favorite vegetable side dish and dinner roll. Layer rice with chicken over top, and spoon on gravy. Enjoy, you will make this one again!
Submitted by Teresa B. G.
My parents came to Canada in 1948 from a war torn, impoverished country where they only cooked with the vegetables they grew and ingredients they bartered from neighbours. They made a wonderful life for my brother and I in Canada and Cabbage Soup was our weekly staple food. Much of anything can go in it but I will present it the way we had it. They wasted nothing. It was always served with mashed potatoes (if potatoes not cooked in it) or with rye bread from the local bakery! My mother is now 94 and unable to cook for herself. I now provide her with meals and thanks to the electric Instant Pot, I manage to cook a wholesome cabbage soup and many other soups for her in a very short time. It took Mom hours to make it.
I first of all make the broth:
- Chicken Carcass and or chicken bouillon or chicken broth
Weekly I purchase a rotisserie chicken from Costco. We use the meat for fresh sandwiches. When the carcass looks like it has had it, I break up the carcass, still have the wings and place it into a pot I have that goes into the pressure cooker – looks like a sieve but in pot form. I use this pot so I do not have to strain it when done. If you do not have this pot (used to come with the stove top pressure cookers) you can just put everything into the interior pot of the pressure cooker and cover with water.
Pressure cook the carcass for 60 minutes. When done just strain through a sieve. You now have your broth. Throw out the cooked carcass and bits.
If you do not have a chicken carcass to make the broth, you can use broth from a can or powdered chicken bouillon mixed in water. At any rate I have about 8 – 10 cups as I make a large amount for our family. I use both the carcass, covered with water and also add powdered bouillon because it has salt in it….therefore I do not add any extra salt. It is not an exact science. Use as much or as little broth as you like.
If you are using premade broth or bouillon in water , of course you would not be pressure cooking it at this time….no need, only if you are actually using a chicken to home make the broth with.
Rest of Ingredients:
- ½ of large onion diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic smashed and diced
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled (some like to leave the peel on), quartered lengthwise and sliced into ¼ inch slices. If you do not eat potatoes, just leave them out….still delicious
- 1 clean tomato from the garden – cut up
- 1 bay leaf
- Around 3- 4 cups Fresh cabbage – shredded – depends on size of your cabbage
- 2 – 3 cups of drained and rinsed sauerkraut. I use my own that I make, but I know you can purchase it anywhere in jars. If you want the soup more or less ‘sour’ you would adjust the sauerkraut accordingly.
- Ham or garlic sausage, or a smokie, or leftover cooked pork/chicken cut in small pieces….or no meat if you are a vegetarian. Still tastes good. Sometimes mom diced bacon, fried it and put it in. Like I said, they used what they had and wasted little.
- Carrots diced – as many as you like.
- Put a couple of tablespoons of oil into the pressure cooker pot.
- Press sauté function
- When heated up, put in the onion and celery and sauté until onion is translucent and soft – to bring out the flavour. It takes just a few minutes.
- Then add in the garlic and sauté, but careful not to burn as it will be bitter then.
- Put broth back into pot with the onions/celery and garlic and add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Choose the soup cycle on the pressure cooker and cook. When done, serve with parsley garnished on top!
Absolutely delicious, full of fibre and flavour and very easy and economical to make. Takes no time at all!
Recipe by: Natural Chef Dana Miller
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- ½ c evaporated palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 orange peeled and quartered
- 1 onion, julienned
- 12 chicken thighs
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups pitted and halved fresh Bing Cherries
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 1/3 cups wild rice, rinsed
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted and halved fresh Bing cherries ½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds Sea salt to taste
1. In the liner of the instant pot add the balsamic vinegar, evaporated palm sugar, molasses, butter, orange and onion. Mix well.
2. Add the chicken, salt and rosemary. Stir to coat.
3. Add the cherries. Place the lid on the pressure cooker and lock into place. Press the Meat/Stew button; adjust time so that the pressure time is 25 minutes.
4. When done and pressure has naturally released, remove the lid
For the rice while the chicken is cooking
5. Bring veggie stock to boil in a medium saucepan on the stove top. Add rinsed wild rice. Cover and simmer for 50 minutes.
6. In a large sauté pan, heat butter. Sauté onion until caramelized.
7. Add tomato and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add onions and tomato to the rice.
8. Add cherries to the sauté pan and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until soft and juicey.
9. Add cherries and toasted pumpkin seeds to the rice. Stir to incorporate. Add salt if needed.
10. To serve: Place wild rice on a serving platter and top with chicken. Pour juices from the chicken over the entire platter and garnish with rosemary.
I served with sautéed kale.
Submitted by Lily J.
Ingredients: Makes 8 servings
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Two 1/2-inch-thick slices of pancetta (4 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 pound French green lentils
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 quarts water
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 large head of garlic, separated into cloves and peeled * Kosher salt to taste
- 1 lemon-pepper rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, cut into 8 pieces
- 3/4 pound garlic salami, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 4 ounces lean slab bacon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
In the inner pot, use Saute function to heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the pancetta and onion and cook until the fat has been rendered, about 5 minutes. Add the lentils, thyme, water, chicken broth, garlic, chicken, salami, and bacon.
Put cover on cooker. Use Manual mode to cook for 15 minutes. Wait 10 minutes. Ensure that pressure is fully released and remove the lid.
Discard thyme and add salt to taste. Run the Saute function to thicken the sauce. Stir in parsley and serve.
* Peel garlic cloves quickly by immersing them in boiling water for a few seconds.
Submitted by Pamie F.
I have more photos and a how-to video at my Website at: http://tinyurl.com/c6cznw3
- 2 – tbls. – Olive Oil – Divided
- 1 – med Onion, (minced)
- 3 – cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1- Red Pepper (finely chopped or you may use Green Pepper)
- 1 – 15oz canned diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp. – Sea Salt (or Himalayan)
- 1/2 tsp. – freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. – Parsley (fresh or dried)
- 1 tsp. – Paprika
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- (NOTE: Save a Pinch of Salt, Pepper, Parsley, Paprika and Cayenne to season the Bread cubes.)
- 1 1/2 cp – whole grain Bread (Cubed)
- 2 lbs – ground Turkey
- 1/2 cp – dry Red Wine
- 2 – Eggs
- 3 1/2 tbls. – Sour Cream or Creme Fraiche
- 1 1/2 tbls. – Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbls. – Soy Sauce
- 3 tbls. – Ketchup
- 3 tbls. – favorite BBQ Sauce
- 1 cp – crushed Pineapple (drained)
- In a skillet, put in 1-tbls. Olive Oil and add Garlic, Red Pepper and Onions.
- Sauté until Onions are almost transparent.
- Add your chopped Tomatoes and cook down until almost all of the fluid has been cooked out of it.
Set aside to cool.
- Next – in a skillet add 1-tbls of Olive Oil and the Bread cubes and a pinch of the Seasonings you saved back: (Salt, Pepper, Parsley, Paprika and Cayenne) to the Olive Oil. Sauté until the Bread Cubes are well toasted.
- In a mixing bowl add your ground Turkey, Eggs,Sour Cream, Worcestershire and Soy Sauces. Mix well.
- Add your cooled Seasoned mixture to the Turkey mixture.
- Add your loaf into your ceramic or glass dish.
You may use a loaf pan that will fits inside your Instant Pot.
- Top with the mixture of Ketchup and BBQ Sauce *Sprinkle Pineapple over top the sauces.
- Foil the top of your Turkey Meatloaf to seal it and keep it moist.
- Add 2 cups of water to the inside pan in your Instant Pot.
- Set in your Trivet.
- Add in your Turkey Meatloaf atop the Trivet.
- Set your Instant Pot to the “Meat” setting.
- Once done, let the the Instant Pot cool down on it’s own.
This will help set up the Meatloaf. Note: DO NOT cut it until it’s cooled at least ten minutes.
- Slice the Meatloaf and ENJOY!
Submitted by Linda M.
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1-2 T. Olive oil
- 2 T. Flour
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/2 Lemon, sliced
- 1 1/2 T. Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 T. Ketchup
- 1/2 T. White vinegar
- 1/2 t. Lemon zest
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1/3 c. Frozen lemonade concentrate
Mix together salt and flour, coat chicken. Pour oil into Instant Pot liner. Arrange lemon slices in single layer in bottom of pot. Place chicken breasts on top of lemon slices and turn pot on ‘saute’. Brown chicken on both sides while singeing lemons into chicken. When done browning, place chicken breasts into stainless steel or ovenproof bowl that fits in Instant Pot. Mix remaining ingredients together to make sauce and pour over chicken. You can discard the lemon slices or use them on top of the chicken dish for presentation. You can add your choice of fresh vegetables to this bowl at this time, if you like, such as green beans, broccoli, asparagus, etc.
Next, in bottom of Instant Pot, with pan drippings, add 1 cup of rinsed, white jasmine rice and 1 1/2 cups of water. Stir and place rack inside of pot and place bowl with chicken, sauce, and vegetables on top of rack. Place lid on Instant Pot with vent in sealing position and press the ‘rice’ button to steam your whole meal. When program is complete, your entire meal is ready.
I’ve included the thermometer reading in the photo so that you could see for yourself that the chicken more than reached proper temperature for poultry even in this short of time.
Submitted by Laura.
- 3 pounds chicken parts (backs, necks wings, etc.)
- 1-1 quart zip bag full of vegetable trimmings.
- As I chop veges, I keep the trimmings in a zip bag in the freezer until I’m ready to make broth. I use things like:
- Onion skins
- Shallot skins
- Garlic skins
- Celery trimmings
- Carrot trimmings and peels
- Herb scraps like parsley stems
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
Fill pot with chicken, vegetables, salt and pepper, and bay leaf. Add water to cover plus 2 inches. Do not overfill pot!
Place lid on pot and set pressure cooker for 30 minutes on high pressure. Let steam release naturally when time is up. After lid is unlocked, take out contents of pot and stain in colander.
Submitted by Janice M.
Ingredients and Instructions:
- 6 chicken thighs and legs,enough water to cover the chicken for broth put in Instant Pot for 45 minutes till falls off bone discard skin if want to, I myself don’t waste nothing,skin good for dogs if you have any.
- 1 can of hot chili beans
- Use the broth you cooked the chicken in.
- Whole garlic or powder put what you want in for your desire.
- 1 chopped up onion
- 3 med potatoes, chopped or whole
- Half a cup of rice or some kind of pasta of your choice.
- 1 can of peas
- 3 slices of turkey bacon,cut up
I never season with salt or pepper until after all is cooked, I have to watch my salt intake. So season to your taste.
Recipe submitted by Eliot.
I love my Instant pot, and have talked about it to all my friends. Amazing cooking tool for busy students!
This recipe has served me well and is always a hit with guests. It’s flexible delicious and quick to make Thai tasting curry. All you need is the instant pot.
Take your curry to another dimension!
You will need:
- 1 tbsb Yellow curry paste: (Green = Hot. Red = medium, Yellow = mild)
- 1 cup chicken broth (match the meat option)
- 3 tbsb of fish sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 lime leaves (whole)
- 1 lemon grass stalk
- 1 piece of ginger (thumb sized)
- 1 carrot
- 1 large onion
- 1 large potato
- 1 red pepper
- 1 can Coconut Milk
Meat Options: Chicken or pork or beef, or tofu)
Extra options: (bamboo shoots, root veggies, squash, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, peanuts, galangal, cilantro, green onions, tofu, shrimp)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Selected Meat
- 1 tbs curry paste.
- fish sauce (or liht soy sauce)
- garlic (rough chop)
- lime leaves
- lemon grass stalk (cut in half lengthwise) ginger (whole) carrot (pieces) large onion (pieces) large potato (Pieces) (Dried mushrooms, if you like) Close and lock Cook at pressure for 15-20 Release pressure While liquid is still hot, Add:
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- Personalized options (I like bamboo shoots, green onions, cilantro, shrimp) Add curry paste + fish sauce to taste.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice + drizzle some coconut milk over the finished plate.
Salt baked Chicken (No water added) with Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker is perfect for parties or family to celebrate holidays together. The smell and tasty of this dish will make a remarkable party or memorable family time. What you need to do is to prepare ingredients, put them into Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker then press meat/chicken button to cook in fully automated cooking process, and switch to keep-warm after cooking.
Prepare Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: Around 60 minutes with Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker
Ingredients: 8 servings
- 1 medium size chicken
- 1 green onion minced
- 1 small piece of ginger minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine or 2 tablespoons wine
- Mix one teaspoon salt and sugar and seasoned the outside/inside chicken with them evenly
- Cover the bottom of inner pot with one teaspoon salt
- Put seasoned chicken, soy sauce, wine into Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker
- Press the Meat/Stew button and wait till it is done
- Turn the chicken over then press the meat/chicken button again
Then the delicious chicken, retaining flavor and nutrition, is ready to be served.
- Cut the chicken into pieces
- mix ginger and green onion with chicken oil to make a dipping sauce