Submitted by Dana.
Ingredients: Serves: 6 – 8
12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons fresh minced oregano or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic
- ½ medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- ½ medium green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 large handful cilantro
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, small diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and small diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 28 ounce can Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, with liquid
- 5 cups organic chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups long grain brown rice
- 1 ½ cups Spanish Olives
- 2 Tablespoons Olive brine
1. Combine olive oil, garlic, sea salt, pepper, oregano, cumin and lime in a large non-reactive bowl or zip top bag. Add the chicken and coat evenly with the marinade. Let marinade for at least one hour up to overnight. Stir occasionally.
2. Combine garlic, onion, green bell pepper, cilantro, sea salt and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Heat the inner liner of the Instant Pot on “Sauté” setting. Melt coconut oil. Remove chicken from the marinade, save any leftovers, brown the chicken in batches for about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
4. Add onion, red bell pepper, cumin and oregano. Sauté until just tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the sofrito and sauté another 3 minutes. Add any leftover marinade, diced tomatoes, stock, and sea salt; simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Stir in the rice, olives and brine. Add the browned chicken pieces to the pot.
7. Place the lid on the pressure cooker and lock into place. Press the Meat/Stew Button; adjust time so that the pressure time is at 15 minutes. When done and pressure has naturally released, remove lid.